Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Typographische Monatsblätter Archive

1960 Issue 11

The Typographische Monatsblätter Archive website is a collection of magazine covers from a German design magazine.

1966 Issue 5

There is some stellar design to be seen here; lots of wonderful Helvetica and great composition and layout.

1968 Issue 2

Between its Cover Index and Older Issues pages, this archive holds magazine covers from 1932-1990.

1970 Issue 6/7

The amazing thing is that most if not all of these covers were created without modern computers. The skill and patience of designers of yesteryear amazes me!

1982 Issue 5

And I love how many of these designs still look good today. To me, that's one of the keys to great design. It's not going to go out of style in several decades.

1985 Issue 5

If you'd like, take a look at the whole archive. There are a few covers in the 1970's that I wouldn't endorse, but besides that, most of them are very innocent and type-based.

1987 Issue 5

HT: Grain Edit

1989 Issue 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!