Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dana Tanamachi: New Work

I love Dana Tanamachi's chalk lettering work. It has been no stranger to my blog in the past! Chalk lettering is such a unique little niche, and yet Dana's work has many design elements. Her typography is stunning. Here are a few new pieces of hers I came across through Ampersand Design Studio's blog.

I love this. The way the typography takes center stage on the cover is so cool and eye-catching! I love Dana's hand-drawn type. The precision of the letter forms mixed with the natural, almost messy chalkboard texture is an interesting visual contrast.


Dana's wall-sized pieces for this store in Japan are also really cool. I love the way she mixed in those delicate flower designs. The swirly, elegant designs mixed with some bold typography are nice.

 

Do you like Dana's work, too? I'd love to know what you think!

1 comments:

sarah b said...

Oh, yes yes yes!!! I love it!!! What a skill, to be able to handle chalk like that! :)

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!