Friday, August 26, 2011

Inspiration Series

Okay, it's time for another series, everyone! I'm so excited to do this series on inspiration. Now you see what was in the back of mind when I asked you all what inspires you, right? :)


This is going to be one huge series, because I've found a lot of inspiration to share with you all. I've divided all my inspiration into several categories: graphic design, art & crafts, home decor, color, and product & fashion design. Some of these hold more examples of inspiration than others, so some categories will have one post, and others will have a couple. Just to spice things up, I'm going to be alternating these categories as well (instead of doing all the inspiration in each category at one time). In addition to the main categories (which all have to do with visual types of inspiration), I'll be doing a couple posts containing words that inspire me. Those posts will be a little shorter, probably with a quote or excerpt and then my response to it.

But real quickly, I want to be clear on what I mean when I use the word "inspiration." My meaning is simple. Inspiration just means things I see that I like and that make me want to be creative. That's all. It's not some wishy-woshy, pseudo-spiritual, feelings-based aura, which is how the word is sometimes used.

To help you keep track of all this craziness, here's a handy schedule of what I'm planning to do starting on Monday, the first day of the series:

Week One:
8/29 art & crafts, part 1
8/30 graphic design, part 1
8/31 words, part 1
9/1 home decor, part 1
9/2 weekend links

Week Two:
9/5 product & fashion design
9/6 graphic design, part 2
9/7 words, part 2
9/8 art & crafts, part 2
9/9 weekend links

Week Three:
9/12 home decor, part 2
9/13 color
9/14 words, part 3
9/15 graphic design, part 3
9/16 weekend links

That's what I'm planning on as of now. Things could change during the series, so we'll see how it ends up!

And even though I usually do a giveaway along with the series I've done in the past, I'm not doing one this time because I just finished a giveaway yesterday, and even before that, I had two giveaways associated with my business card sale. So this series is just for the sake of having a series.

A word about links...
I often link to other people's websites throughout my posts, and I'll be doing a lot of that in this series. Instead of saying this each time I link to someone, I thought I'd just say up front that, while I try not to link to anything that is highly inappropriate, I also don't automatically endorse everything I link to. I'm recommending the specific images and things that I post about, but other things on websites I link to may or may not be wholesome. Usually they are, but as always, please follow my links with discretion. :) 

I hope you all like my inspiration series! Please comment and join in the fun. :)

P.S. The font for the banner in this post, and the one I'll use for all other banners, is Theano Didot.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Awesome! Can't wait! :D

sarah b said...

sounds fun! can't wait to see what inspires you!

Mary said...

This is an amazing idea for a series! It'll be cool to see what you post each day!

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!