Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Some Design Inspiration

I'm planning to talk a lot more about inspiration soon, but for now I wanted to show you some of the work of a designer I recently found. Jonathan Ogden is a web designer for Message:Creative but he also does graphic design, and his work is excellent! And he's a Christian, besides, which is so encouraging for me. I love seeing believers doing great art.

Here's some CD packaging that he did. (View more about it here.) I really like the natural, almost woodsy style mixed with modern, cool, and simplistic.


Jonathan Ogden also curates Typographic Verses, a Tumblr site containing posters of Scriptures and lines from hymns. Here's one of the posters he did.


Another set of work by Jonathan Ogden that I really like is his 100 Daily Designs. There's lots of really neat design there that I've enjoyed browsing through. Here are two of my favorite pieces.


















Aren't those neat? I'd recommend the rest of the designs, but do be aware that there's one mild swear word in one of the designs (on page 3).

Jonathan Ogden's work is great, and it inspires me because it's not cluttered or crowded, but it's still purposeful and detailed. I like that balance. I hope you've enjoyed the things I've showed you! I'd love to know what you think!

P.S. Jonathan Ogden is also a musician. Check out Maffiss Music!

1 comments:

Lucebow said...

I like these designs a lot!

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!