Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Day with Hannah and Kate

"Okay, Hannah.  The ____ address."  "A wedding dress!"
"Big blue lady in New York!" "Statue of Liberty!" "I thought she was green!"
"It's a control freak boat!"
"Let's gang up on her!"

Those are just a few of the funny quotes that resulted from spending a day with my dear friends, Hannah and Kate.  They were in town for a little over a week, and we "got" them for an entire day, which was so much fun!  It was so great to see them and have time to hang out with them.  We went to a neat old-town area to take pictures.

Here's Hannah, Kate, and my sister, Emily.  We hadn't seen Hannah and Kate since Christmas, so it's so nice to be able to take a picture of the three of them together.


We had a great time taking pictures on the train tracks at the station in town.  It was pretty impressive that all three girls were able to balance on the rail at the same time!


Of course, we had to take a classic walking off into the distance shot.


After we left the train tracks, we found some other spots at the station to take pictures, like this cool red door.  I love this picture of Hannah!


Then it was Kate's turn!  Both these girls are so pretty.


Okay, so let me tell you a little bit about Hannah.


She's really fun to be around, and she's very kind and caring.  She's a good friend.


She's also very patient, and it's cool to see how she puts her trust in God through lots of different circumstances.


Kate is so sweet.  I'm really glad she's my friend, too.


She's very gentle and thoughtful, and she's good at asking people questions and making them feel included.


She's also super fun to be around.  Seriously, I laugh so hard with both Kate and Hannah.  They're really joyful, which is such a great thing.


And then there's my sister, Emily.  I love her so much.  She's the best sister in the whole wide world, and my best friend, too.  I love how she makes me laugh and always cares for me by asking me questions and spending time with me.


It was so great to spend time with all three of these really fun girls the other day.  We made so many memories, from finding purple glasses and an old curling iron, to building world-class Lego creations (if I do say so myself), to playing several lively rounds of Catch Phrase, to eating lots of ice cream and brownies.  It was a wonderful day, and I hope we get to do it again soon - maybe next time with Hannah and Kate's other two sisters, as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!