Sunday, August 8, 2010

Why Brainy Posts?

I thought it might be helpful to provide some clarification about why I do "brainy posts" on my blog, posts about books and things like that.  Obviously, most of these types of posts don't have a thing to do with graphic design, so it would only be logical to wonder why they belong on a graphic design blog.  I can think of a few reasons why I do these kinds of posts.
  • I think it can be fun to talk about random things sometimes.  I love times when I'm just talking with my sister or my friends about whatever pops into our heads.  So many memories are made that way, so I guess I'm applying that same concept, consciously or unconsciously, to my blog.
  • I love writing, and blogging about books and other things that don't have to do with graphic design gives me a chance to write something that other people will actually read.  You do read it, don't you?  At least some of it maybe? :)
I also like to post about Scripture verses and other things that are encouraging me in my Christian walk.  There are a few reasons why I do this, as well.
  • I want to share things that are encouraging me with you, in the hope that they'll encourage you just like they did me.
  • Writing out truths about God is a way to solidify them in my own mind - and I need to do that all the time in order to keep my priorities straight.
  • Jesus is the whole reason I'm alive, as well as the reason I can do graphic design, and therefore have a blog about it.  So I want to post about how great He is.
I hope it's helpful for you to understand a little better why "brainy posts" are occupying my blog as much as on-topic posts.  I honestly hadn't really planned to blog about brainy stuff when I started, but that's the way it has gone, and I've really enjoyed it.  And speaking of brainy-ness, don't forget to check back tomorrow for my final book review!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!