Monday, August 16, 2010

God Is God


God is infinite.  I am finite.

God is all-powerful.  I can do nothing apart from His power.

God created the whole world out of nothing.  I am a created being, designed by Him.

God is in control of the universe and my life.  I cannot be in control.

God is perfectly holy.  I am sinful by nature.

God knows the thoughts in my mind and every hair on my head.  I know only what He reveals to me.

God is God.  I am not.

These truths are amazing, life-changing, unforgettable truths, and yet I so easily forget them as I run around making my own plans, getting frustrated when things don't go my way, and neglecting to take the time to stop and think about what an amazing Savior I serve.  And writing it down helps me remember: God is God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!