Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Gotham

Another designer told me about a great typeface called Gotham, so I Googled it and looked...and I found that it truly is a great font. And funny enough, I've been noticing it in many places...a bagel package, signs in a grocery store, and online contest instructions. Like Helvetica, it has many versions, all of which are excellent and useful. Here are some images of Gotham:



I like the different thicknesses in this typeface, as well as the fact that it's unique and very different from Helvetica. A good sans serif font doesn't have to look just like Helvetica, and this one doesn't. It has a verydifferent feeling to it; a little more comfortable and less stark. Even though I love Helvetica for the way it's striking and stark, a typeface like Gotham could be very useful for projects that aren't so bold and modern. Please read more about Gotham right here, and tell me what you think of it in the comments section!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!