Sunday, July 10, 2011

Old Photo Repair


This is a picture of me at 8 months old. Yep, this is me with my chubby cheeks, Pooh outfit, and age-appropriate toys. :) I like this picture. But it has some problems. Do you see that weird dent on my head? Something got on the photo, and the result is quite distracting. And see all those specks of weird color throughout the picture? Not nice.

But thanks to Photoshop, there was hope for this photo with the clone stamp tool. This tool is my friend. It's so helpful for old photos, and even for new photos that have some kind of mistake or unpleasant element in them. Basically what it does is take a good area of the photo, copy it, and paste it over the imperfect area. Here's the before and after, once I'd cloned over all the specks and imperfections.


That's better. It's still clearly an old photo with some grain and bad-quality-ness, but at least the dent in my head and the weird specks are gone!

If you have any version of Photoshop, you can do the same thing. It's really easy! All you do is select the clone stamp tool on the left sidebar, and then Alt + click on the "good" area you want to copy. Then you click on the "bad" area, and the good spot covers it up. So handy!

What about you all? Do you have any favorite photo-editing tricks?

1 comments:

Ruth Ellen said...

What a cute baby you were, Carrie! It's nice that there are tools to easily fix this precious picture.

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!