Thursday, January 27, 2011

2011 Scrapbooking Plan

I thought I'd give you a little peek into my scrapbooking plan for this year.  I will continue making 12x12 layouts, but I'm also using a kit called Project Life to document and journal the daily happenings.  You can get this year's Project Life products here.  I'm actually not using any of those products, although they look great, because I bought last year's Project Life kit... well, last year, and didn't finish the project.  I had been trying to take a picture every day, and that just felt too burdensome for last year.  So this year, I'm doing something different.  I'm using the album...


And the page protectors and journaling cards and all that...


...but I'm not taking a picture every day. I'm just trying to put as much "stuff" from each week in the album as I can. Sometimes that's pictures, but other times it's memorabilia or quotes or just a pretty piece of scrapbooking paper.  I'm adding in a few more of my own supplies, too, as I go.  I keep this little tote with all my Project Life stuff, which helps keep it all in one place.


And then I just keep a running list of pictures I want to get printed.  I'm hoping to finish this project, and have an album done by the end of 2011.  But it's not always going to look like the way I just explained it... there are going to busier times this year where it might be harder to keep up with it, and that's okay.  I'm not counting on every week being the same.  But I like this project so far - it's a fun way to record memories and also recount God's faithfulness.  Here's part of one page... I like incorporating lots of things besides photos.


I haven't actually printed any photos for my book yet, but I plan to do that soon!  In the meantime, I'm enjoying the journaling part and adding in stuff.

3 comments:

katie said...

sounds like a good idea! I lve the colors of the album!
-Katie

sarah b said...

what you are doing is a great new way to do project life! i never thought about doing it differently than ellie does it, but it's cool that it's adaptable! :)

hannah joy said...

cuuuuuuute! love it!

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!