Monday, January 10, 2011

Quote Book

I wanted to share a project I did a while back.  As you know, I love quotes, and I altered an old Bible dictionary to make a quote book for myself.  Here's the cover of the book.  I added some rub-ons to it to make it a little bit different than the original cover.


For the inside of the book, I tore out about 1/3 of the pages so that there would be extra room to add stuff in.  I just laid a ruler in the spine and tore along that, removing a few pages every now and then as I flipped through the book.

Then I started adding stuff in over time.  The table of contents has a little pocket with a couple verse cards...


And I separated most of the other quotes into categories, using the letter headings from the Bible dictionary as guides for organizing the categories.  Here's one page.


I tried to use some different kinds of paper and a couple stamps and accents as I stuck stuff in.  Some quotes are typed out and printed, and others are handwritten.


I made a few pockets out of a few of the pages I had torn out.  Those pages have been fun for other craft projects as well - I still have some left somewhere!


Some of the quotes fold out, too.  That makes it more fun and interactive to look at.


And maybe the best thing about this book is that there are still blank pages left so that I can always add more quotes and verses.


Hope you enjoyed this little peek at one of my projects.  And maybe you'll try it yourself with an old book - it's really fun and not hard at all.

5 comments:

katie said...

Oh, this is really neat, Carrie! I love using old books for projects! :)

-Katie

sarah b said...

This is so cool! I love that you have more pages so you can add stuff in over time, as you find more quotes that you like. :D I had so much fun with the pages you brought when we made cards! :D

Stephen said...

Awesomely cool, Carrie!

Lucebow said...

this is so creative! I wish I was crafty.

chichi said...

wow! that is such a clever idea!

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!