Tuesday, January 11, 2011

World Laughter Day


Today is World Laughter Day!  I love to laugh, don't you?  I'm so glad there is a special day set aside for laughter.  However, I am going to share something about myself today that you may not know: I'm not very funny.  I know all of two people who laugh at what I say on a regular basis.  Yes, only two.  Other people laugh at what I say, but only when I don't mean to be funny.  But I love to laugh anyway.  Sometimes at myself, sometimes at other things.

I thought I'd share some links to things that make me laugh...in hopes that they might amuse you, too.

  • A hilarious line of Christmas inflatable lawn ornaments.  I know it's a bit after Christmas, but that's okay.  Read about them HERE.
  • Brian Regan's comedy bits.  Especially the Pop Tarts one.
  • This play.  It looks like you can order it soon on DVD.  It has lots of really funny parts, but at the same time, is such a wonderful expression of an amazing story of God's faithfulness. 
  • The Cranford movie/series.  If you have patience to watch it all and a tendency to enjoy dry humor, you'll love it.  Several really hilarious quotes can be uncovered in it.
  • And another thing that makes me laugh is inside jokes.  They are not funny to anyone else though, so instead of sharing my inside jokes, I will simply say this: let each of you reminisce about your own inside jokes and let them amuse you today. :)
There, a few things to make you laugh on World Laughter Day.

I think that laughter is truly a gift from God.  He calls us to have cheerful hearts, and laughter is one way we can do that!  I made a quote poster with a verse from Scripture that talks about this concept, so I thought I would share it.  You can download it here if you so desire.  Just please keep it for personal use and don't sell it, etc.




Have a fun and happy World Laughter Day!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!