Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Basket of Summer Fruit

Susannah Spurgeon was the wife of renowned 19th-century British pastor Charles Spurgeon.  Her writing is wonderful, and I love her devotionals.  One of them, A Basket of Summer Fruit, is available for free online, and since it is available for free for people to print, etc. I decided to design a book cover and layout for it.  I had fun with this.  The cover is right here.


I used a wood texture from a photo I took, and some free brushes from online to design the cover, and the back cover matches it!

I uploaded the book to Blurb and you can buy it here.  Please note that I do not make any profits whatsoever from this book.  I've set the prices to Blurb's normal prices for all their books, and I'm not getting anything out of the deal!  I just hope you like the book if you choose to buy it.

But why in the world would you want to buy this book you know nothing about?  I can tell you why I like it...
  • The writing is deep and rich.
  • Susannah Spurgeon is a wonderful example of a woman who loved the Lord and depended on Him through all circumstances, even adversity.
  • It has been an encouragement to me, and it just might be an encouragement to you, too!
The book consists of devotional readings that are several pages long each.  I'll share a quote from the book to give you a little sneak peek of what's inside.

Does it not make your heart leap to know that your Lord takes pleasure in your praise? In His ears are ever sounding the eternal symphonies of the universe—that majestic chorus which began "when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy;" but He turns from these to you, and with infinite tenderness and love, bends to listen to the grateful songs of His redeemed ones, as they bless Him for all His benefits.
- Susannah Spurgeon
Have a great day, everyone, and feel free to buy the book or read it online if you would like to hear more of these excellent truths that "Susie" reminds us of in  her book.

P.S. It was brought to my attention that a few pictures were missing from yesterday's post.  I'm not sure why that happened, but I've done my best to fix it, and you can still view the post here.

1 comments:

Rachael Boer said...

This is a great idea, Carrie! Thanks!

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!