Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Menu Project

While the blog has been all abuzz with many other design-related and not design-related things lately, I have been working on a couple of design projects here and there, one of them being a menu planning sheet for a friend.  Her last name is Crow, so she came up with the clever name "Crow's Nest Kitchen" for the menu plan.

The goal of this project was to do something fun and happy-looking that would be a tool for meal planning.  She wanted a crow incorporated in the design, and purple was a suggested color, so I added in some orange and ran with it.


I think it turned out happy and whimsical, and I'm happy that my friend is pleased with the design!  It was a really fun project for me.  What do you all think of the design?  I'd love to know your thoughts!

P.S. The menu is up on my Tumblr portfolio.

4 comments:

sarah b said...

I love this! The colors work really well together, and I LOVE the how the fonts go with the crow and the little swirl thing! :)

Lucebow said...

Pretty cool. Would this be for use with an expo marker and lamination?

Aimee said...

Woah that's a great idea! One question: what is the "remember" part for?
I love the curly thing at the top and the swirly fonts =).

Carrie said...

Lucy - I think the client had planned to print one out each week and write in pen/pencil, but you could certainly use an Expo marker if you laminated it or stuck in a page protector or something.

Aimee - I guess the remember part is for things that she wanted to remember for the meal - like things to buy at the store or things to defrost, etc.? I just put on the categories the client asked for, so I don't know all the details. But that would be my guess! :)

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!