Thursday, January 13, 2011

Design Links


Today, I thought I'd link you up to some interesting articles about design on other parts of the web.  These are articles that make me think and look at design in a critical way, which is fun!  I hope you enjoy them.

An interesting article I saw recently was this one called Colour and Branding on David Airey's blog.  It's an interesting take on brand identities.  I had definitely never considered looking at them through their colors alone, and it was fascinating!

Here's an intriguing article called Minimalist effect in the maximalist market about packaging design.  I love packaging design, so this post was definitely interesting to me. I found myself waffling between all three options for various packaging designs.  I still haven't decided where I fall on the minimalist spectrum.

And then there's the Greatest Design Tip Ever from Andrew Kelsall's blog.  There are some interesting discussions in the comments section, too.

Then, here are a few more posts that talk about neat logos and design items (four links in that sentence).

Have a great day, and I hope you check out some of these neat articles!

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Cool, Carrie! (Love that "HTML tag".) :)

Lucebow said...

I am in love with the minimalist designs. As someone who enjoys getting straight to the point, these designs appeal to me. However, I don't think that these designs would be as profitable as current ones in our capitalist market. With less design, there is less space for a company to place arguments or messages about why a product is so great and should be bought as compared with another product. Also, there is less information in the minimalist labels, so they could almost elicit a feeling of uncertainty in the consumer, which may make them less likely to make a purchase!

Alright, I've read into this too much! haha! :)

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!