Thursday, March 31, 2011

Excellent Exclamation Points

I recently saw these napkins and I love them. They are fabulous! I love the typography and the use of only punctuation. (See more on that here.)

Aren't they great, though?


The exclamation point in and of itself is a wonderful symbol of excitement, mostly because of the centuries-old connotations behind it. Only the most important, thrilling sentences get exclamation points (or at least, only those sentences should get exclamation points), and after years and years of that tradition, the symbol itself just looks exciting.

So what better symbol to use on a party napkin, right? Parties are fun and exciting, like exclamation points. I love how the idea for these napkins makes so much sense. But it's also creative and unique and uncommon - I've never seen another napkin make use of exclamation points as its only design element. I love the ingenuity of Hallmark's designer in thinking up this great idea.

Just another little thing that shows how great design is everywhere. Even on the thing you're about to stick a couple cookies on before consuming them.

Do you like these napkins? I think they're so fun and I hope you do too. :)

3 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!