Monday, March 7, 2011

To Get Your Week Started


Monday starts a fresh work + school week for most of us, so I thought that it might be encouraging for both me and you if I shared a quote today. I saw this quote on GirlTalk recently and thought it was very meaningful - how good to be reminded of the fact that God not only is always with us, but cares for us as well.

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7
"Not only will He never leave you - that's the negative side of the promise - but He cares for you. He is not just there with you. He cares for you. His care is constant - not occasional or sporadic. His care is total - even the very hairs of your head are numbered. His care is sovereign - nothing can touch you that He does not allow. His care is infinitely wise and good so that again in the words of John Newton, 'If it were possible for me to alter any part of his plan, I could only spoil it.'"
- Jerry Bridges, Trusting God, p.199

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!