Sunday, March 27, 2011

Reader Participation Contributions

Several of you submitted great things to my reader participation challenge on triangle day of my shapes series, and I wanted to make sure and include those things on my blog. So here's a post about that. :)

But first, I just wanted to tell you all how much I appreciate all my blog readers. The shapes series was great - lots of thoughtful comments from you all, new followers, and reader participation submissions. You all are part of why blogging is so fun for me! So thank you!

And I also wanted to show you some neat things my readers found and did for the reader participation challenge.

First, Sarah found this cool wall decal on Etsy. I love the different sizes and colors of squares. This is so modern and fun!

Find this right here.

Anna sent me several links, one of which led me to this neat arrow origami made out of a dollar bill. I love how you can see the shapes it's composed of: a rectangle and a triangle.

Find this right here.
 Also check out some neat clocks and bracelets that Anna found.

Elisabeth wrote her name out of triangles and sent me a picture. What a cool idea. You know I love typography, I really like how Elisabeth combined letters and shapes with her entry.

Elisabeth's shape + letters art.

Mariah sent me this cool photo she took of a purse that has a square pattern on it. It seems like a cool purse, and I like Mariah's creative perspective in the picture.

Mariah's purse picture.

Another creative find came to me from Chichi, who saw this neat greeting card online. I love the colors and the use of triangles in a pattern.

Find this right here.

And the final entry was from Mary who took this picture of her Rubik's cube. I love the use of little squares in a Rubik's cube... and I'm quite amazed that this puzzle is actually solved. My little Rubik's cube is still all jumbled up.

Mary's Rubik's cube.

I hope you all enjoyed these fun finds from my readers! It was great seeing what you all found, and I love having some reader participation in my blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!