Monday, March 28, 2011

A Good Music Album

I love album cover design. In fact, I have designed an album cover myself recently that will hopefully be making its appearance on the blog soon. But I also like looking at other well designed album covers, too. I saw this cover and I really liked it. So I went and listened to the CD hoping the music would be good too. It was!

The album is Mountains Move by Kristian Stanfill.


I love the design of this album cover! Isn't it just so eye-catching? I like so many things about this design. Here's a list.


I think this is currently one of my favorite album covers. I really love it!

And the music on this album is really good, too. The lyrics are great, and the musical style is really fun. Kristian Stanfill is a Christian artist I had heard of before, but I had never really investigated his music. I'm not sure what his other stuff is like, but I know I like this album. You can check out the album on Grooveshark HERE. I also wanted to share some lyrics from one of my favorite songs from the album, titled "You Will Reign:"

Oh, great God, there's nothing You can't do
Oh, great God, You speak and mountains move
We believe, we believe

Oh, great God, there's none outside Your reach

Oh, great God, give us faith to see and believe
We believe

With You all things are possible

It's true that You are unstoppable
Your light will never fade
Your promises remain unchanged
You will reign

Oh, great God, there's power in Your name

Oh, great God, we're rising up to say
We believe, we believe

With You all things are possible

It's true that You are unstoppable
Your light will never fade
Your promises remain unchanged
You will reign


What do you think of the album cover for this CD, and the music too if you've heard it? Or do you all have any favorite music albums, for the design or for the tunes?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a neat album cover! Love it! I like how it suggests the shape of a mountain, even though it's upside down. :)

sarah b said...

I love the cover! It's cool how the stripes look sort of like fabric swatches :D

mariah said...

These are really cool Carrie! The cover is awesome!!!

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!