Thursday, March 3, 2011

I Like Mash Creative's Logo

Do you?

Picture of Mash Creative's logo from their business card.  See more photos here.

I noticed it on the amazingly cool desktop background I downloaded recently.  Remember when I talked about Mash Creative line State of the Obvious?  Well, now they have a desktop background.  And you can find it here.

But anyway, back to the logo.  I saw it in the corner of this desktop background, and I decided it was quite ingenious.

At first glance, it looks like a bunch of strange pixels, right?  But on closer examination, it can be uncovered that the logo is in fact comprised of the letters "M" (for Mash) and "C" (for Creative).  Fabulous!  Using a company's initials as their logo is no new thing, but Mash Creative really put a new twist on the concept.  To me at least, it seems unusual to tilt the letters of initials sideways in the way they have done it.  It makes the letters look a little more ambiguous, but in a good way.  The letters do not look merely like letters, but they join together to form an interesting design element.

I also really like how the logo forms a symmetrical shape.  It looks somewhat like a Red Cross symbol (missing some filled-in areas), but each "end" of the cross is equidistant from the middle and extremely symmetrical.  That makes me happy.

And finally, I love how this logo champions the cause of simple and epic.  This logo is not detailed or elaborate, but it is striking and beautifully executed.  It's innovative, but at the same time, I don't think it's so modern or "trendy" that it won't last.

My opinion is that this is a very good logo.  What do you all think?

3 comments:

sarah b said...

it is very unique! :D i like it!

Mary H. said...

Wow! That is sooooo cool!

Anonymous said...

I love how the M is sideways and the C is upright. I like logos like that - that don't give it to you right away and you have to stop and think about it.

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!