Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Five

I realized that in all the two hundred and some posts I've done on this blog, I've done very few just about me. Now I'm fine with that. This purpose of this blog is not to tell you all about me - it's to share things. Things I like, things I make, things about my business, thoughts on good design, quotes and Scripture verses, etc.

But once in awhile I thought it might be fun to share a little about myself. Not to make the focus all about me, but so you all can get to know me a little better. So I'm going to share five facts about myself. Just five.


1. Most important fact first: Jesus Christ is my Savior. He saved me when I was hard hearted and wanted to go my own way. He loved me so much that He died for me when I was His enemy. He gave Himself for me to rescue me from sin. I believe that, and it's changed my life. I'm so eternally grateful for what He has done, and for how His love never ends...and for how His grace is always enough even when I'm weak and when I fail.

2. My family and my church are big parts of my life. I have the best parents and sister ever. I love them and love how they point me to God. And I love all the fun times we have together. And my church - I'm so grateful for my church, and for the fact that I am reminded of the gospel every single Sunday.

3. Now here's something that really hasn't come up on my blog very much: I play the violin. I like it. It's a great instrument. I also play in an orchestra and that's really fun.

4. I love calamari and fried okra. Yes, these facts are pretty random. For the record, calamari is fried squid. And it's amazing.

5. I really like shoes. When I go to a shoe store, I am reminded of this because I find so many that I like. Silver shoes are particularly fun. And red ones. Like these.

Now I have an idea. How about you all share some facts about yourselves? It doesn't have to be five necessarily, but if you have a fact to share, I would love to hear it.

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Some random things about me are (you probably know all of these :D)...

-I love NASCAR
-I absolutely can't stand touching buttons
-I'm left-handed
-I've never seen a baseball game, in person or on TV
-My favorite candy is chocolate Skittles (and they're NOT gross!! :D)

And your numbers 1-3 are the same for me. ;)

sarah b said...

fun! here are some facts about me:

1. I LoVe cats!!!
2. My sisters are my best friends
3. I play the violin and I LOVE IT. :D

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!