Thursday, March 17, 2011

New Sketchbook

I got a new sketchbook recently and I've been exploring the hobby of doodling and sketching and drawing.


I know so little about art, but I like to play around, especially with typography drawings. So I thought I'd share some pages from my new sketchbook. I did this as a first page. (Inspired by Matthew Wahl's work for Adopt Rinah.)


Just fun experimentation with lettering. Another type drawing I did was to create the sketch for an imaginary font. It was inspired by a "C" I carved out of part of a bar of soap, hence the name "Soapstones." One day I'd love to learn how to actually make this font usable on computers!


And this is yet another type experiment - the beginning ideas of a poster I'd like to make.


One more thing before I go - some 3-D shapes. The star failed and the cubes are only slightly convincing, but it was a good challenge for me to at least try!


Do you all like sketching too? What do you like to draw? And I'd love to know your thoughts on my sketches as well.

2 comments:

katie said...

I like to doodle fun lettering when I write in notebooks, but for the most part I draw/sketch faces.

sarah b said...

i love all of your fonts! :) I like to draw people, but you would not want to see them. :P I especially like drawing big, decorative circle things with swirls and stuff. :)

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!