Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Creative Wedding Invitations


I love seeing the creativity some people have with wedding invitations, especially since I'm a sucker for good design and pretty paper (and retro things). So I wanted to share a few cool wedding invitation ideas with you all today.

The first invitation collection I want to show you is by Kyle Marks (via Design Work Life). This whole collection is really lovely. I like the yellow, turquoise, and kraft paper color combination, and the typography is excellent!


I love how everything matches so well. I think the invitation itself has a bit of a vintage movie poster look...


The way the type is interspersed with decorations (black banner, border, dotted line, etc.) gives it a fun feel. The RSVP card is excellent, too. I especially like the white text printed on kraft paper.


See more images of these neat invitation suite right here!

Another wedding collection I like is this one from Christine Wisnieski, also via Design Work Life. It's very different from the bold, obvious lettering of the first one, but its delicate style is very pretty as well.


The watercolor look is really neat. I especially like the gradient looking background of the RSVP card:


But I've got to say that the envelope is my favorite thing. I love the hand-lettering and the cool stamps. I wonder - did they really send the invites with such interesting stamps on them? Maybe not, but it looks amazing anyway...


See more views right here.

Another one I love is this one, designed by Jordan Eakin, via Lovely Stationery. The silhouette look is so nice. I love the colors too! Here's the whole collection:


And another view of the biggest piece. I like the tri-fold style and, again, the silhouettes are most excellent.


And guess what? Much of the text is in Gotham! That's very exciting. And so is the letterpress. You can see both the letterpress and the font up close in this shot:


The last invitation I want to feature is also the most unusual. I saw this Viewmaster invitation on Swiss Miss and loved it. What a cute idea! They were designed by Lesley Weiner, working with Melangerie Inc.


Viewmasters are so cool and vintage, but I would have never in a million years thought of using them as an invitation. The card on the top opens up to reveal more neat text that coordinates really well with the Viewmaster.


Love it. And here's an image of what the Viewmaster reel looks like. It shows pictures of the engaged couple.


You can actually buy these invitations on Etsy. They cost and arm and a leg, but they are just so cool.

What do you all think of these fun wedding invitations? A lot of the same ideas could be used for other invitations too. Wouldn't it be neat to send a watercolor party invitation? Or a movie poster style graduation announcement? I'd love to know what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!