Monday, October 31, 2011

Twenty-Twelve [Calendars]


It's seems too early to be talking about next year. It's only Halloween after all! But 2012 is really only two months away, and so today, I thought I'd feature some fun calendars for the new year.

Here's a pretty one from Susy Jack. I like the one color floral patterns for each month. They are very simple and elegant.

[buy here]

I think my personal favorite months are May, July, and December. I like the uniformity of those designs. I like the way the typography and layout of the calendar makes each month look like part of the set, even though the colors are different for every month.

Some other cool calendars come from Bold & Noble (I saw them on Design*Sponge). This one is my favorite:

[buy here]

I like the color combination, and the geometric pattern that's between each month is so fun! I like how the pattern varies throughout the calendar but still has the same basic shapes and stripes. It's also nice that the numbers are in blocks - it looks like you'd be able to make notes in them.

I found this calendar in a quick search on ModCloth, and I love it!

















[buy here]

The patterns themselves are really neat (see image on the right above), but I think the coolest thing about this calendar is that, on the back of each sheet, there are instructions to fold the page into a project, like a file folder or pillow box. What a great idea! It's also available from PaperSource, who designed it.

This is a cool one I found via Design*Sponge. It's a bit different since it's made of wood and paper combined.


The crest shape is fun, and I like the way the paper shows through the cutout. You can buy it here.

Finally, here's a calendar from Felt & Wire Shop. It's called "A Year in Caps" and it's all about typography. Definitely my kind of calendar!

[buy here]

I like the woodgrain background, and the emphasis on typography. Each of the months looks like it's in a different font! The colors are also really fun.

I'd love to know what you all think of these calendars! Is there one you like best? Also, you can find lots more neat calendars in the round ups over at Oh So Beautiful Paper.

1 comments:

Stephen said...

I LOVE the second one!

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!