Saturday, October 22, 2011

Encouraging Words, Part 1


Every now and then, I like to post a few quotes from my Tumblr, words that I've enjoyed and been encouraged by lately. I haven't done a post like this in awhile, so I'm going to divide it into two parts, one today and one tomorrow. I usually don't post over the weekend, but I wanted to this time since there are so many fun things I want to post about! I hope you enjoy these quotes:

Take my heart and hold it in thy hand;
Write upon it reverence to thyself
with an inscription that time and eternity cannot erase.

The Valley of Vision, page 139

…let us not reckon upon the continuance of present ease, nor fix our happiness upon the fickle weather of this world, but let us be ready for changes, so that, come when they may, we shall not be afraid of evil tidings, our heart being fixed, trusting in the Lord.
C.H. Spurgeon

Waiting is an act of faith. Because in waiting for the Lord, we are saying, Lord I trust in you. I hope in you. I have confidence that as I wait, you are being good to me and you are acting on my behalf. I’m trusting you for grace to come. Faith waits confidently for the Lord to fulfill his promises.
Mark Altrogge

Being with Jesus is the essence of heaven; it is what the life everlasting is all about.
J.I. Packer, Growing in Christ

The key to continual and deeper spiritual renewal and revival is the continual re-discovery of the gospel.
Timothy Keller

“Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.”
     —  Proverbs 19:21

O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you; I will praise your name, for you have done wonderful things, plans formed of old, faithful and sure.
Isaiah 25:1


I hope you all are encouraged by these words! If you'd like to read more, I post pretty regularly at To Sit at His Feet, my Tumblr page.

1 comments:

sarah b said...

Love the last verse from Isaiah. He has done wonderful things!

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!