Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pretty Patterns, Part 1

 
I've found so many lovely things lately in my daily read through of blogs. And a few patterns have particularly caught my attention, so this week, I'll be devoting today and tomorrow to talking about pretty patterns (similar to last week's Two Things series). Pattern is such a versatile and interesting aspect of design. It can have pretty much any style or feeling, can be simple or complex, colorful or monochrome.

Wolfum is a great source for nice patterns. I ran across their textiles through Fossil (who funny enough, heard about Wolfum through Design*Sponge, another favorite blog of mine). Their patterns are fun and I see a little bit of a Southwestern vibe in them. Please look at all their items, but here are a couple of my favorites.

This napkin is pretty. I like the navy color with a hint of gray, and the pebble pattern is so neat. I like how it's somewhat random and yet you can see the rectangles of pebbles at the same time: the mix of movement and order in the design looks great.

pebble napkins | wolfum

I love how geometric these coasters look. They are fun and modern, but at the same time, the pattern looks old and reminds me of a Native American woven rug. Also, the rectangle pattern cut into a circle shape is a fun juxtaposition.

zag zig coaster set | wolfum

This wrapping paper from Denmark is so bright and cheerful. It's from Shop by Minimega and I ran across it through Bloesem Kids. The different colors and the fun arrangement of triangles makes it look so playful, and yet a bit grown up too. I love the color combination so much that I took colors from it to make the header for this post. Even if it was featured on the "kids" area of Bloesem, I think it's pretty cool for kids and adults. I'd sure be thrilled to get a present wrapped in this stuff.

decorative paper - triangle | shop by minimega
P.S. Check out more fun patterned paper here!

Another fun thing I can across on Shop by Minimega is this elegant blue journal. I love the way the style looks so delightfully Scandanavian, and the label on the front is so delicate and pretty. The pattern is more calm and more orderly than on the wrapping paper, which I think is neat - it's good that this shop has a variety of pattern types.

journal - blue papercut | shop by minimega

I'd love to know what you think of all these patterns! Do you have a favorite? Also, don't forget to check back tomorrow for more pretty patterns.

4 comments:

sarah b said...

I LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE that wrapping paper :) :) :)

sarah b said...

Oh and I forgot to ask you a question: what font did you use on "pretty patterns"? It's so cool! :D

Carrie said...

Thanks for commenting, Sarah! It's Quicksand Dash, available here: http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Quicksand

sarah b said...

Thanks! :D

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!