Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pretty Patterns, Part 2


Welcome to the second part of my little series on pretty patterns. Pattern is something I love, and I've been enjoying sharing a few nice ones with you!

Today I want to start of with two patterns I found on Rare Device, a shop I came across through Swiss Miss, a design blog I've been reading lately. This striped towel that was featured on Swiss Miss is lovely. It's simple and not at all busy, but still has such a pleasant pattern. I like the use of one color, and also the way the phrase "stripes make everything better" fits into the pattern. There's just enough room for it to stick out and be legible without interrupting the pattern too much.

best stripe tea towel | rare device

Another really neat item from Rare Device is this 2012 cross-stitch pattern calendar. The cross-stitch pattern itself is so charming, and on top of that, it's letterpressed! I love letterpress, and this calendar is quite gorgeous. I like the way each pattern is repeated - the triangles, the zig zag, the rectangles and X's - and even the horses! The uniformity and order of these patterns combined with the sweet, whimsical look of the cross stitch looks really nice.

letterpress cross stitch 2012 calendar | rare device

I'd also like to share a few things from Felt & Wire Shop. The idea behind this notebook is really neat. I would never have though of overlapping line drawings, much less bicycles, but it makes for an artistic abstract look that I like. And of course the outline is in gray and the stitching on the binding is yellow - always a winning color combination.

feedback loop notebook | felt & wire shop

These bold notecards with shape patterns are so fun! I love the big contrast between the colors used, and the loud patterns. I think the lower left pattern is especially interesting with those arch things framing a negative space circle.

set of four orange gray letterpress thank you cards | felt & wire shop

I've got to sneak in another one here, because there's a third thing I ran across that I like. The color of this notebook is really nice, and the use of a map as a pattern is a great idea.


Are there patterns I've feature that you especially like? I'd love to know what you all think!

2 comments:

katie said...

I love the bicycle notebook. I love how crazy it is, yet that lovely grey color makes it seem simple!

sarah b said...

I love the towel and the notecards!!! the colors and the stripes are so cool!!!

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!