Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Two Things: Pretty Rooms


Saw two images in particular on Design*Sponge recently that caught my attention, so I thought I'd share them. I love how they incorporate a simple and modern + happy and fun style. They're not overwhelming, but cheerful looking.

Loving the yellow lamps and the layout of this room:

[source]

You all know I love yellow, gray and white, and I like how those colors are combined in such a way that is fun but doesn't completely exclude other colors. There's green in the plants, red it the art on the wall, and plenty of colorful books on the shelves. Yet the yellow is what you notice most. And I just noticed that Lego table/stool over on the left. Gotta love that! (I'm a big fan of Legos.)

This office space is so pleasant. I especially love the inspiration board.

[source]

This image is busier over all, but all the bright white still makes it look clean and inviting. The white wood floors are wonderful. I love that style. And the great big space for putting inspiration on display is quite lovely. I like how it's filled up, but the items are still visible and not stacked on top of each other. The items on the shelves are displayed really nicely - not too many colors on the top few shelves.

Stuff like this inspires me, mostly decorating wise. But interior design can translate to graphic design, especially with things like color balance, level of clutter, etc. I'd love to know what you all think of these pretty rooms!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!