Thursday, October 27, 2011

Studio Calico


I haven't been taking many pictures or scrapbooking much lately. While scrapbooking is a wonderful craft, it's just not fitting into my otherwise full life right now. And that's okay. I'll probably do some more traditional scrapbooking in another season of life.

But I do love pretty scrapbooking supplies and fun project ideas, and the place where I find the most pretty products and great ideas is Studio Calico. They're an online shop that runs a monthly kit club, has their own products, and keeps a blog. Their design team gallery is always lovely. I'll share a few images of their products, kits, and ideas.

Here are two recent kits, which are collections of some Studio Calico supplies and some supplies from other scrapbooking companies. The Glee Club kit is bright and fun with a bit of a vintage look.

[source]

The pattern papers are so pretty! I especially love the red dot pattern on the top row and the woodgrain one on the bottom row. The woodgrain alphabet stickers are great as well.

The Field Guide kit is also lovely. I like the mix of bold colors and accents with quieter, calmer ones.

[source]

The butterfly accents are really nice, and I like the cloud print in the top row. The arrow stamp is fun too. The newest Studio Calico kits are posted here. I'm pretty sure a new one is coming in the next day or so.

Studio Calico also has add-on kits that they sell with their main kits. Here's one that I like. It's sold out, but the combination of supplies is cool.

[source]

I like the airmail envelope, the gray patterned tape, the letter stickers - and all the fun little accents.

I'll show you two of Studio Calico's own double-sided patterned papers. They are so fun! I love the way they incorporate a funky, vintage vibe. They are both from the Countryside Collection.

[source]

The triangle pattern is so neat. It's simple and graphic, but at the same time, the colors give it a happy, sunshiney, retro appearance.

This next one is soft and elegant. I like the blue and yellow of the flowers.

[source]


Now for a few project ideas from the Studio Calico blog and design team gallery...

I love this card by Waleska Neris. The dots of patterned paper, gray lettering, and wood accents are so sweet and lovely!

[source]

This layout by April Foster is really cute. I love the colors (no surprise), and the repetition of circles looks bright and playful.

[source]
 
This mini-album by Kinsey Wilson is really fun as well. I like the transparency and the font of the title.

[source]

Another layout I like is by Lisa Truesdell. I like the way the colors are muted and serene even though there are lots of elements on the page.

[source]

Well, that's all for today. I hope you've enjoyed this little peek at some nice scrapbooking supplies and projects. Do you have a favorite thing from the post?

2 comments:

sarah b said...

i love the blue and yellow flower paper. sooo pretty!! :D

katie said...

I love Studio Calico- I used to have a sheet of that triangle paper!

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!