Monday, October 24, 2011

Custom Type by Jessica Hische

Jessica Hische is a graphic designer in Brooklyn, New York, and while I can't really recommend her site because of some inappropriate things (language and one portfolio item I saw), she does some pretty amazing type work! I wanted to share a few specific projects that I really like. I love this style of cursive typography, and it amazes me how anyone can design this themselves. I'd love to be able to to do it one day.

Here's an invitation Jessica made for the Make a Wish foundation. I love the cursive type mixed with the silver text and patterns (that looks letterpressed maybe?). This invitation is so elegant and formal, but the happy patterns keep it from looking at all stiff. I also love the way the swirls flow flawlessly from the letters. It all works together so well.

make a wish foundation by jessica hische

I also love this business card design. The yellow letterpress type mixed with Jessica's cursive lettering is elegant but so fun and happy looking...isn't this a beautiful business card?

kate murphy by jessica hische

Another fun thing Jessica Hische designed is a temporary tattoo sold through Tattly, a site that Tina Roth Eisenberg of Swiss Miss runs. I personally think this is kind of a fun idea - to create well designed temporary tattoos! It's a little weird, yes, but it makes me smile. Here's the one Jessica designed. I love the type with swirls, which is similar to the two projects above, and the "type nerd" term is great. I think it certainly describes me. :)

available through tattly
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this type. What do you think of the cursive style and these projects?

1 comments:

sarah b said...

Love that business card! The yellow is gorgeous, and I love the letterpress :D

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!