Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Paper Source Gift Ideas

I know it's a little early to be thinking about Christmas gifts for some, but I always like to plan way ahead, so I've been thinking about gifts already!  One fun shopping spot I've found this year is Paper Source, and I thought I would share a couple fun gift ideas from there, both things made of paper and things not!  I hope you enjoy my suggestions and little graphic design critique tidbits (how could I avoid a little of that?).  I'm also not assuming any of you are necessarily looking for Christmas gifts, but I think it would still be fun for you all to see some fun "eye candy," even if you're not in the market for paper-related gifts!

Here we go...gift idea number one.  A 3-D Drawing Pad.  Seriously, how cool is this?  When you draw something, you can put on the 3-D glasses and see your drawing in three dimensions.  I would love to try this - it's such a fun idea!


And the design of the packaging is quite good, too.  I love the way the packaging is simple and classy, not detracting away from the important part: the fact this this is a drawing pad like no other.  The colors are also good.  How can you go wrong with red and turquoise?

Here's my second gift idea: Paper Source's Camera Pencil Sharpener.  I don't know about you, but generally I don't think of pencil sharpeners as interesting, well-designed, and funky.  But this one sure is!



I love the vintage look to it.  I'm a big fan of vintage cameras, and I even have one!  It's not quite this cute, though.  If you've got a photographer to buy a gift for, I think this would be a big winner.

Another idea: the Old School Letter Set.  Even though the art of writing letters by hand is almost obselete due to the use of email, texting, IM, and the like, it's still so fun to receive a real letter in the mail.  This stationery is so cute and vintage - just perfect for that rare and happy little handwritten note.


I love the colors in this whole set, and the simple design that still manages to be fun and not too minimalistic.  I also really like the air mail edging on some of the paper, and those lovely cute little labels!

Number four: Fuzzy Wuzzy Pencils.  I think these are so fun.  Wouldn't writing with pencil be much more enjoyable if your pencils were soft and fuzzy?  There are 24 in the set, and they all have a fuzzy coating in really fun colors.


And my fifth idea is the cool Puzzle Calendar.  For someone who likes to keep track of their schedule, this will give them a fun way to do that!  This calendar is somewhat reminiscent of Legos, which makes me happy. I was a huge, huge Lego fan once upon a time.

I like the color choices in this design, and the interactive quality of it - it's a much more fun way to do calendars than just flipping a page every month.  The font is actually, surprisingly, quite nice as well.  Simple and not cheesy looking.

Please note: while I love shopping around the Paper Source website, there are some kind of offensive products there, so be prepared to browse with caution!

I hope you enjoyed these quick gift ideas!  Now, it's your turn: where are you doing your Christmas shopping?  Any favorite online stores or brick-and-mortar stores?

1 comments:

ellie be said...

i love these ideas, carrie! i especially like the 3D drawing pad. I really want one now! i think that would be so cool. also the pencils; i think that is a really neat idea too. thanks for posting them!

-sarah

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!