Monday, November 15, 2010

Rainbow Week: Orange

Happy orange day to one and all!


This color reminds me of Orange World in Kissimmee, FL.  I think Orange World is one of my favorite places ever.  If you haven't been there, I think you need to pack your bags and start heading that way, because it's really an unforgettable experience - right up there with Disney World.  Well, maybe not quite that amazing, but I do really love Orange World!  Here's a picture.  Look at all this bright, cheery, retro goodness!


It smells like sweet, fresh oranges, and almost everything they sell, with the exception of Disney World memorabilia, is orange.  And the actual oranges they sell are completely amazing...without a doubt, the best oranges I have ever tasted.

Okay, now that I'm done walking down memory lane, let's get started with today's programming.  Orange is a very fun color, don't you think?  Here are some fun orange items to be found on the web.

1. Citrus Slice Mini Booklet by Inkello Letterpress | 2. Orange Butterfly Rub On by Jenni Bowlin Studios | 3. Printed Zipper Coin Purse by Kath Prints | 4. Prairie Sunrise Reversible Glass Necklace by Tzaddi Shop

Come to think of it, besides being a fun, cheery color, orange is also a very warm color, which is probably why it's often associated with autumn.  Flames in the fireplace are orange, sunsets are orange, apple cider is orange-ish, and orange has an overall "warm" feeling to it.  Doesn't that necklace in the collage look so warm?  I really like the shade of orange in that...it's quite cozy.

Okay, now that you know that orange is a warm and fun color and that it reminds me of Orange World, and you've seen a quartet of interesting orange paraphanelia from the web, let's do a freebie!

I've created two orange greeting cards for you all today.  You can see the sample below, and then download them right here.  You'll get a ZIP file containing two JPG's and one PDF.  The PDF is set up for easy printing, but if you want to get creative and resize the greeting cards, you can insert the JPG files into Word or another such program and then print them.


Please don't use sell these cards, claim that you made them, or offer them for download on another website (just link back to my website, please).  I hope you like the freebies and will put them to good use!

And don't forget, keep on commenting!  The giveaway is going at full speed.  You could win!  (If you're reading this and you're confused about what all this giveaway stuff is, just click here and all will be explained.)

13 comments:

ellie be said...

I love orange! I really like the necklaces, and I will be sure to download the cards. Awesome! (also, can you see that I have followed your blog?) :-)

-sarah

Katie said...

Goodness! I had no idea 'orange world' existed! I MUST go there :)
And personally I always think of pumpkins when I hear the word orange.

mariah said...

I love orange world...,it is the best :D
Great post...Once again :D

brooke slack said...

WOW! Orange is my absolute favorite color. I love how you got different pictures of the internet. Love ya :)

Elisabeth said...

I LOVE ORANGE!!! :D Wow, Orange World looks so cool! I wish I could go there. And this post made me think of something else orange... Joey Logano's car, haha! :D Great post, Carrie! ;)

bekah said...

wow!!! that store thing is sooo cool! orange is my second favorite color :) pink is first. haha! :D

katie said...

I don't usually like Orange but I like the cards you made. especially the pattern on the "hi there!" card.

Thanks for the comment on my blog!

chichi said...

i've never gone to orange world but it sounds cool! and the coin purse is so pretty!

Daniel Garay said...

Nice!

Mary said...

I love all of the orange things! And the greeting cards you made are so cool!

Jessica said...

ahhhhhhhhh i love orange!! and the fourth necklace thingy you posted is so pretty :D

Christian said...

orange reminds me of fall one of the best seasons of the year

Aimee said...

Mmm I think you made me hungry for oranges =)

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!