Saturday, November 13, 2010

Random Ramblings

Hi there, everyone.  I actually have another post planned for today (that will be going up soon!), but in the meantime, there are things I wanted to tell you, and I needed another post to do it in.  First of all, I want to share a book I've been loving lately.

This book is The Valley of Vision, edited by Arthur Bennett.  It's a collection of wonderful, very rich Puritan prayers.  I've been trying to read one every morning for the past few days, and I've been enjoying them so much!  They are packed with truth that it is so good to remind myself of.  I have been writing lots of notes in the margins because so many things stick out to me!  If you don't have this book, I highly recommend it.  You may be able to find at some Christian bookstores, but you can also order it on Amazon.com.  The prayers are only one page long, so it's not hard to read, and I am certain you will benefit from reading this book because it's so packed with treasures!  It's quickly becoming one of my all-time favorites, next to the Bible, that is.  I'd like to share a quote from this book with you, so here it is.

O Lord God, who inhabitest eternity,
The heavens declare thy glory,
The earth thy riches,
The universe is thy temple;
Thy presence fills immensity,
Yet thou has of thy pleasure created life, and communicated happiness;
Thou has made me what I am, and given me what I have;
In thee I live and move and have my being;
Thy providence has set the bounds of my habitation,
and wisely administers all my affairs.
I thank thee for thy riches to me in Jesus,
for the unclouded revelation of him in thy Word,
where I behold his Person, character, grace, glory,
humiliation, sufferings, death, and resurrection;
Give me to feel a need of his continual saviourhood.
- From "God the Source of All Good" in The Valley of Vision
I hope you enjoyed that quote.  It was such a great reminder to me of the fact that God is amazing and omnipresent, and yet he has blessed me so wonderfully - most of all with the gospel!

Another thing I wanted to share with you is something that me and my friend, Jalynn, are working on.  Can you guess what it is?

It's a blog!  See?


So what is this blog about, you ask?  Jalynn and I are going to do another diptych project, like this one we did this past summer.  It's going to be more on-going this time, so we've created a blog to chronicle our project!  Please check out our blog, The Bird and the Plum.

Oh, and I will definitely still be blogging here every day, too.  But either Jalynn or I will try to post once a week on The Bird and the Plum to share our diptychs.

Also, I wanted to share a neat web shop that I found recently.  It's called Inkello Letterpress.  There are lots of neat letterpressed items to be found here.  Here's one thing I like: mini matchbook calendars.


Aren't they so cute?  I really like the color and font choice, too.  If you want some fun paper goods to look at, I'd recommend Inkello Letterpress.

That's all for now!  But check back later today for a big announcement!

2 comments:

brooke slack said...

Did you make those? They are adorible! I love them! I love note pads :)

Carrie said...

No, I didn't make them...I just found them online! But I think they are cute, too. :)

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!