Sunday, November 14, 2010

Rainbow Week: Red

Hey everyone!  Welcome to rainbow week here at Carrie Anne Design!  As you might have suspected if you know your colors of the rainbow, today is red day!


I highly approve of the fact that my favorite color is the first one in the rainbow.  Yes, I think red is an absolutely wonderful color.  It's so bright and fun! 

There are also lots of neat things online that are red.  Here are a few I like that I think you might enjoy, too!


1. Frilly Bag by Bayan Hippo | 2. Mini Holiday Flashcards by Banana Fish Studio | 3. Red Pattern Washi Tape by Cute Tape | 4. Refined Cord Shirtdress by Anthropologie

Isn't this stuff fun?  I'm beginning to really like browsing around at fun items, especially on Etsy.  You'll notice that lots of my rainbow "stuff" this week will be from there.  But I will throw in some links to other sites as well.

Now that you've gotten a quick dose of eye candy, I want to tell you a little bit about the color red from a design standpoint.  This is just my personal opinion, but I think red is a very loud color.  It catches people's attention because it's so bright and it really stands out.  I don't know if that's why I like it or not, but I think red can have some very practical applications for design.  If you need a color that will stand out from the crowd, red's a good choice.  It's a useful color.

Speaking of usefulness, how about something that you can use right now?  Like a freebie perhaps?  I think so!  Today's freebie is a set of three red-themed printable to-do lists.  Since red is an eye catching color, I think it's perfect for a to-do list, which is something that, at least in my opinion, is more helpful if you can see it clearly.  Here's what the lists look like.


You can download a PDF file if you click right here. Terms of use: you can't sell these to anyone, offer them for download on another site (please just link to my site), or claim that you made them.  Any other uses are fine.  Enjoy!  And keep your eyes out for orange day tomorrow!

16 comments:

ellie be said...

This is so cool! I love it! :D

Katie said...

Red is my favorite color too :) Like you said, it's so bold. I like the darker shades of red, (crimson, scarlet), though... they have more depth, even if they don't 'pop' as much.

By the way, I love the to-do lists! :)

Jessica said...

oh they are so pretty!! i love the first purse you posted :D

Elisabeth said...

The idea of rainbow week is soooo awesome, Carrie! I love it!!! The to-do lists you made are really cool! ;) And I can't wait for orange day... :D

ellie be said...

I really enjoyed this post, Carrie! I like the shirt-dress a lot. :) I love red; it's just so... pretty! :D thanks for posting! By the way, did you see that I followed your blog? I wasn't sure if it worked or not, so I was just checking. :)

-sarah

chichi said...

this is such a great color :) i love #2 (the red words describing the color red)!!!

Rachael Boer said...

Ooh, I like your to-do lists, Carrie. Do you have a suggestion for how to print them out? Is there a place online that will print them in "pad" form to put on your fridge or something?

mariah said...

Red, what a great color :D I loved this post it was very very creative :D Like all your other stuff. <3

brooke slack said...

I love your post :) I love the dress and to tell you the truth I love lists :) you could ask any person in my family :) love you and miss you
thanks for being such a great friend

brooke slack said...

I also love the purse and ribbons!

katie said...

I love the washi tape!
Whats your favorite thing you got from CK? I thought I was going to like the Basic Grey line best, but I got so much pretty paper from BoBunny, it might be my favorite. I'm not sure. :)

Jalynn said...

Ah, red... The bestest color ever!!! :)
I love your designs for the to-do lists, especially the 3rd one!

P.S. That purse is extremely cute =D

Daniel Garay said...

yeah red is the best color

Mary H. said...

Rainbow week is the best, Carrie! I love that a giveaway is involved, and I love seeing the fun stuff and freebies! I can't wait for the rest of your posts this week!

Christian said...

the to-do list is cool the color reminds me of Jesus on the cross and dieing for us

Aimee said...

Oh I love the dress and the purse!

Post a Comment

Please use the form below to leave a comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from you!